The Beryllium Science and Technology Association (BeST) is a nonprofit organization based in Brussels operating under Belgium law. BeST represents the suppliers of Beryllium in the EU market, as well as traders and industries who rely on the unique properties of beryllium to design for miniaturisation, energy conservation, greater reliability and longer product life.
It aims to promote sound policies, regulations, science and actions related to the use of beryllium and to serve as an expert resource for the international community on the benefits and criticality of beryllium applications
Our mission is to provide the best available scientific information related to Beryllium, and to ensure that its benefits to society in critical applications are realised and embraced and maintained by industry, governmental authorities and the general public.
BeST has the following objectives:
- To be a central representative body that can present the views of the Beryllium industry to the European Union Institutions and agencies, EU Member States Governments and agencies, EU Member States Parliaments, and other relevant organisations
- To be a research and statistical centre, to aggregate and publish statistics and other relevant market information
- To provide analysis and provide scientifically based information on the safe use of Beryllium
- To be a technical resource providing commentary, guidance and advice on legal and other regulatory developments of relevance to users of beryllium containing materials
- To provide a forum for the exchange of non-competitive information
- To promote beryllium as a critical element for modern society, with economic and societal benefits
The Association is managed by a Board, consisting of a President, two Vice-Presidents, a Treasurer and a Secretary.
BeST has a permanent representative in Brussels as a contact point.